Get on top of distracting office noises in the workplace area to increase productivity, create higher job satisfaction, and increase retention rates.
Here’s 5 practical ways to make strides in office noise reduction:
- It all starts with careful site selection and construction details. Noise control should be a focus point in the planning and design phase.
- Establish dedicated loud and quiet zones. Keep noisy office equipment away in isolated areas, kitchen and breakrooms acoustically separate from work areas.
- Customize your office furniture to control noise. Open benching, such as OFS Brands First Office STAKS, offers better natural light and a low partition can accommodate soft upholstery fabrics to absorb noise.
- Ceilings can play a role in a noisy office solution. White noise and sound deadening products can be placed in the ceiling to mask ambient sound and distracting conversations.
- Indoor plants can absorb significant amounts of unwanted noise. Not only do they improve indoor air quality, they can help people feel more calm and relaxed.